AttractionsTreat yourself to the many attractions near Beyond the Trail RV Park in Defiance MO. Within walking distance, you can eat and drink at the Good News Brewery, Defiance Road House, Defiance Ridge Winery, or Terry & Kathy's Bar and Grill. Enter the Defiance gateway to Missouri's Augusta Wine District and enjoy a glass of Missouri Wine. Outdoor activities include running, walking or biking the beautiful Katy Trail, and hunting and fishing at nearby recreation areas. Rent a canoe, kayak or raft and float the beautiful Missouri River! Visit the Historic Daniel Boone Home near Defiance, MO. Beyond the Trail RV Park is a perfect spot to be your base while you explore this beautiful area. Travel only 30-45 minutes and see all that St. Louis and the area around it have to offer!
Nearest Airport: Lambert St. Louis Airport at 28 Miles
Nearest Train: Washington MO (WAH) at 19 Miles
Nearest Motorway: Highway 40/64 at 9 Miles
Nearest Barpub: Defiance Roadhouse at 1 Miles
Nearest Ski Resort: Hidden Valley at 25 Miles
Nearest Restaurant: Several at 1 Mile
Walking distance to the following attractions:
Wineries:Defiance is the gateway to Missouri's Augusta Wine District. Located in the country's first viticulture area, with 10 wineries within 15 minutes, 67 wineries within 45 minutes. Enjoy a day of sightseeing & take in some of the scenery while enjoying a glass of Missouri wine at some of the most beautiful wineries in the country!
- Katy Trail - hop on the adjacent historic Katy trail for a bike ride or walk along the bluffs. Bike rentals are available in Defiance.
- Hunting and Fishing - take the kids fishing or hunting at Klondike Park or the August A. Busch Memorial Area.
- Canoe, Kayak and Raft Rentals - Travel the exact path Lewis and Clark forged over 200 years ago. Visit the historic markers to explore caves, search for arrowheads, and discover artifacts.
- Historic Daniel Boone Home - Craving a history lesson? Travel 5 miles to the historic home.
Conveniently located 30-45 minutes from the following attractions:
- Downtown St. Louis
- Art Galleries
- St. Louis Zoo
- Gateway Arch
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Forest Park
- The Butterfly House
- Grant's Farm
- The St. Louis Science Center
- Busch Stadium (home of the St Louis Cardinals)
- Enterprise Center (home of the St. Louis Blues)
- Chaifetz Arena (home of the Billikins)
- Historic St. Charles
Cap off any evening on 'The Hill' where some of the best Italian cuisine in the country can be found.
If a more action-adventure packed day is what you're after, visit Six Flags over Mid-America featuring a state of the art water park.
Lastly, but surely not least (or all), depending on time of year, visit Alton, just a hop across the river into Illinois to see the bald eagles.